Consolidated Type 31700 Nuclear Valve
The Consolidated Type 31700 spring-loaded safety valve is ASME Code Section III certified for Class 1 steam service protection within pressurized water reactor systems in nuclear power plants. It offers tightness and performance under variable back pressure conditions.
Pressurizer safety valve
- Over pressure protection of pressurizer in a PWR reactor
- Excellent for use in saturated steam conditions
- Maintains set-point within very small tolerance allowing higher plant efficiency
- Provides repeatable tight shutoff, reducing need for frequent maintenance
- Long history of operation in nuclear plants